Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2009

Ident

Our last project before the Easter break! First I didn't even know what an ident is but in defence hardly anybody I was talking to does. What I really liked about this project was that Andy wanted us to approach the whole thing on a professional level. That means the whole pre- and post- production procedures which most of us (including me) would have avoided if we could've. I've learned that planning everything out beforehand is much better than the plan less straight-to-the-animation-method. The actual animation only took me about 3 days and that's mainly because i knew exactly what i wanted before i started. So even though it seems like more work and therefore more time consuming it actually works the other way round! I'll definitely keep that in mind for the next projects coming!

To the actual Ident. I think it looks good. It looks exactly like i wanted it to look and like i said it's going to look when i pitch the idea. It's quite simple but effective. The first version had much more effects in it but after watching it a day later it looked wrong and all the effects which are supposed to make it look better turned out be rather distracting. So i took all the effects that took the focus away from statements, like animated backgrounds and more silly particle movements, and binned them. The result is more to the point and proves the old (GERMAN!!!) phrase: "less is more" right!

No comments: