Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Crew Project finished

I couldn't actually do the stuff I was supposed to do (rendering, compositing) on Andy's project so I took on Ben's project. We finished last friday at 10 o'clock in the morning. There was a lot of different comping jobs to do. And although it was really knackering at the end it was quite fun as well. A lot of the shots needed some painting jobs like rig-removal.

I also had to paint in the space between the teeth. The clay model had only a little hole.


Replacing the eyes of the duck, for a wink.


The most time consuming work was on a shot of the sea. I had to make a CG sea with a heart shaped reflection of the sun and the silhouette of the mermaid with the reflection in the middle of the sea.

video

This little clip had to be reflected in the glasses of Helvis.

Adding glittering stars on disco ball.

video

A few shots required keying out the blue screen elements and comping them into the shot.


All in all I really enjoyed working on this project. It was quite hectic, especially towards the end, but I got to use some tools in Toxik that I haven't tried before.