Pages

Sunday 18 October 2009

1st weeks!

First weeks back at uni! Since the summer wasn't quite what I was expecting- weather wise- I used the time off to do a lot of tutorials for all kinds of stuff- mainly about creating visual effects! I learnt so much and hope that I can eventually use this knowledge for some projects in the upcoming year.
But since this course is called Digital Animation I guess I'll have to more animating, modelling and drawing.
Our first assignment is a normal walk. I choose 3D because I'm thinking I'm going to be more involved with 3D than 2D. The rig "Dee" is apparently from some Internet site and has according to George a lot of flaws. i still don't know why we used it then cause the Andy rig from last year was really good. Dee's rig is at times really confusing and slightly annoying as you can basically select everything but the things you want. Eventually I made it and here it is!
I tried to stabilize the head a bit but it still bounces quite a lot. Plus watching it now I think the arm movement could've been a bit more subtle and the foot roll a bit less exaggerated. It seems like he's swaying more towards the left side but I can only blame the view for that cause all the keys have the same values. The timing is roughly right and speed works fine. It took a lot of time to animate the twist in the body and I'd say it was worth it.
All in all I'd say it's not too bad only a few things concerning more subtle movements.





No comments: